CPR has been working on a conservative reform-themed 12 Days of Christmas. Until we put it in jingle form, here are 12 reforms the Legislature should pass:
- A Constitutional Amendment freezing income and sales tax rates.
- A Constitutional Amendment rebating half of budget surpluses to taxpayers and saving half.
- A Constitutional Amendment on school choice to protect it from a liberal State Supreme Court.
- A Constitutional Amendment for Photo ID to vote.
- A Constitutional Amendment requiring mandatory jail time for violent or destructive acts during riots or demonstrations.
- Add new Supreme Court justices to prevent an activist court from usurping power from elected representatives.
- Transfer Medicaid and the Revenue Department to the Treasurer.
- Defund any new job-killing regulations.
- Require Legislative approval for lawsuits filed by the Attorney General or state agencies.
- Prevent the AG from directly or indirectly funding outside groups.
- Increase oversight of state contracts.
- Divide the Board of Elections equally between parties.